First, do it all day long in every setting. He is always with you, understands you completely (Psalm 139), and loves you unconditionally. You can talk with Him constantly. If you prefer a guide or talking points, I use the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 5:9-13):
- Praise God for what you know or notice about Him
- Ask Him to spread His influence throughout your world
- Ask Him to meet your needs (and the needs of your family, friends, and others)
- Confess your sin and failures
- Ask Him for protection from temptation and evil.
- Affirm His ability to do all these things.
This entire post was excerpted from https://paulsanthouse.com/2018/06/26/discipleship-healthy-habits/