The best way to grow in prayer is to understand what it is. It’s talking with someone. That someone is God, who is a person.
- He has a will and he wants us to understand what it is (Ephesians 5:17).
- He has emotions. He gets angry, rejoices, grieves and laughs (Psalm 18:7, Zephaniah 3:17. Genesis 6:6, Psalm 2:4).
- He has opinions. I want you to show mercy, not sacrifice. . . Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them. (Matthew 12:8; Mark 10:14).
- He has a personality. He is humble and gentle at heart (Matthew 11:29).
- He has interests. He wants to bring God glory (John 12:28).
- He has abilities. Nothing is too hard for him to do (Jeremiah 32:17).
- He has relationships. Abraham was his friend (Exodus 32:27).